Do you need a dental implant but don’t have sufficient bone strength in your jaw to hold it? If so, a bone graft may be right for you. A bone graft is a procedure designed to help your jaw maintain proper strength and form. It is normal to have questions and concerns about any procedure, which is why our team is happy to help you understand more about bone grafting.
At Eagle Oral Surgery and Implant Center, our dentist offers bone grafting and is happy to help you understand the procedure. Furthermore, our team is happy to share a list of fundamental information for you to understand the procedure better.
Here is a list of bone graft facts and why it is sometimes needed:
– If you have a weak jawbone, we can use bone grafts to strengthen it.
– In some cases, it may be possible to use artificial bone grafts to strengthen your jawbone.
– If you require dental implants but your jawbone is not strong enough, bone grafts can often be a good choice.
– Bone grafts often consist of using a section of bone from another area of your body and grafting it onto your jawbone.
– According to the AAOMS, also known as the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, bone grafts are highly recommended in situations where your jawbone is not strong enough to hold an implant on its own.
– Periodontal dental procedures can sometimes benefit from the use of bone grafts.
If you still have questions about your bone graft in Eagle, Idaho, or if you think a bone graft is needed for you, please call us today at (208) 995-2865 to make an appointment with Dr. Jeremy Hixson. Our professional team at Eagle Oral Surgery and Implant Center is happy to address any questions or concerns pertaining to our procedures.