If you are searching for additional insight into the recovery process of oral surgery, then you have come to the right place. Oral surgery can be a scary process. Luckily, our team is happy to help you through it every step of the way, so you can feel confident you are in safe hands.
Our dentist, Dr. Jeremy Hixson with Eagle Oral Surgery and Implant Center in Eagle, Idaho, offers many different oral surgeries depending on your unique needs to help you. Furthermore, our dental team has provided some excellent insight oral surgery recovery tips to help you through every step of the recovery process.
Here are some recovery tips to keep in mind after your oral surgery:
- Attend all after-care appointments with your doctor to ensure you are healing right. Your appointments will help you avoid or correct any infections or any complications that might occur after surgery.
- Always remember your doctor’s advice and instructions. The instructions your doctor gives you will help you along with the healing process.
- Discuss the ideal food and drink options with your doctor after surgery. Some foods, hot or cold cause different conditions for the state of your teeth and gums. That is why it is essential to know what your diet should be when it comes to your recovery.
- Get plenty of rest. Sleep is your body’s way of healing. If you allow your body rest and heal, you are helping yourself recover faster. Also, remember the advice your doctor gave you about sleeping at an angle. Many surgeries require you to sleep at an angle until you are recovered.
- Avoid all tobacco use during recovery. Tobacco bothers the gums and can slow down the healing process making it harder for you to recover properly. It is best to avoid tobacco in any form while you are healing.
If you need an excellent oral surgeon, or if you have questions about any of our surgical procedures, then please call us today at (208) 995-2865 to set up an appointment. Our friendly staff is happy to assist you and help you with any of your oral surgical needs.